Emigration & Immigration

If you are leaving St. Maarten to reside in another country and you have taxable income for which you have to pay income tax, you must file an income tax return for the current year as well for the preceding years, if this has not already been done. You can get the tax return forms at the Tax Administration. You can also download the tax return forms from the Document page. The Tax Administration will handle your returns as a matter of priority. You MUST provide your address abroad.

Civil Registry
Upon leaving St. Maarten to reside abroad, you are also required to deregister from the civil registry of Sint Maarten (go to the SXM Government website for more information). Be aware that this MUST been done, max five (5) days prior to moving abroad.

If you have a business, you must first cancel your Business License (go to the SXM Government website for more information), deregister with the Chamber of Commerce and with the Tax Administration.

For Individuals:
If you are coming to live on Sint Maarten, you must apply for a residence permit at the Immigration Department. You must also request a CRIB number in order to be registered at the Tax Administration. On this website you will find general information about the tax rules for residents on Sint Maarten.

For more information, kindly contact the Sint Maarten Tax Administration at taxinfo@sintmaartengov.org.